A Huntsville man is scheduled to appear in court next month on charges that he stole thousands of dollars from his church.
Police charged Gary "Tripp" Bradley, 38, with felony theft Thursday.
Bradley is accused of depositing checks from Mayfair Church of Christ into his own account.
Redstone Federal Credit Union contacted the church in March after noticing Bradley was depositing the checks, Huntsville police said. The suspicious deposits began in September , a police department spokesman said.
According to court documents WAAY 31 obtained on Wednesday, Bradley stole $20,300 from Mayfair Church of Christ.
Church members told police Bradley admitted in front of the church congregation that he took the money.
Police are still investigating to determine whether anyone else was involved.
Bradley was released from the Madison County Jail Friday morning on $30,000 bond.
Court records indicate he has a felon examination hearing May 10 in Madison County Circuit Court.
- Man charged with stealing from Mayfair Church of Christ
- Man charged with stealing property from an Ardmore church
- Grant Street Church of Christ heads to Florida to help hurricane victims
- Boaz man charged with stealing guns, medication
- Man charged with stealing from destroyed auto parts store
- Huntsville police: Man charged after renting, stealing truck
- Guntersville woman charged with stealing truck
- Woman charged with stealing from Decatur hospice
- Man arrested after stealing a vehicle
- Decatur man arrested for stealing roofing material