Jackson County authorities have charged a man with murder for an overnight shooting in Stevenson.
Christopher Kenneth McCallie, 26, of Stevenson, was arrested overnight.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a shooting call on Sharon Drive around 1:30 a.m. and found Joshua Todd Smith, 38, of Jasper, Tenn., dead inside a home there.
Authorities didn't say what happened that led to the shooting. They said Smith's body will be taken to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences in Huntsville for an autopsy.
McCallie was taken to the Jackson County Jail. His bond had not been set Tuesday morning.
- Man charged with overnight murder in Stevenson
- Jackson County man drowns after boat capsized near Stevenson Bridge
- Stevenson students encouraged to "Walk Up" on "National Walkout Day"
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Fifth man charged in 2016 Tuscumbia murder
- Gadsden man charged with Thursday night murder
- Man charged with murder in Huntsville
- Huntsville police charge man with murder
- Judge dismisses Albertville man’s murder charge
- Crossville man charged for murdering his girlfriend