BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed another man during a family gathering in Alabama.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian tells AL.com 26-year-old Clifford Montez Hinkle is charged with murder in the Saturday night death of 44-year-old Keith Duncan.
Deputies were called to a reported shooting at a home in the Grayson Valley area and found Duncan suffering from several gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at a hospital shortly after 9:30 p.m.
The preliminary investigation shows the victim and suspect had been in an argument. Investigators do not know a motive as Hinkle has not cooperated.
Hinkle was booked into the county jail Sunday afternoon on $100,000 bond.
AL.com did not report whether Hinkle had a lawyer.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
11/28/2017 3:37:48 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Man charged with murder in shooting at Alabama family party
- Decatur man charged with assault for birthday party shooting
- Ex-police recruit charged with murder in Alabama shooting
- WAAY 31 I-TEAM: Family of Alabama man charged with murder says they warned police
- Alabama man charged with murder after July boating crash
- Man charged with capital murder for shooting after argument
- Man charged with attempted murder for Friday night shooting
- Man charged with capital murder for Athens shooting
- Man charged in Alabama shooting death arrested in Arkansas
- Family of murdered man still seeking answers