Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office has charged Jacob Tanner Bearden, 19, of Grant with manslaughter following a deadly shooting in New Hope Monday evening.
First responders arrived to a shopping center in the 10,000 block of Highway 431 around 8 p.m. Monday. They found the victim, 21-year-old Nathan Helton of Grant, dead from a gunshot wound.
The sheriff's office says Bearden was at the scene when deputies arrived and was taken into custody without incident. The department says the investigation is ongoing, but it appears Bearden was recklessly handling the gun when Helton was shot.
Drugs were also found at the scene, according to the sheriff's office.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the sheriff's office at 256-533-8820 or submit information online here.
Read more about the shooting here.
- Man charged with manslaughter in deadly New Hope shooting
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Woman charged with manslaughter
- Driver charged with manslaughter in deadly Huntsville crash
- Muscle Shoals police charge man with manslaughter in deadly July crash
- Man charged with manslaughter in deadly 2018 wreck in Jackson County
- Scottsboro police: Charge upgraded to manslaughter in fatal teen shooting
- Teen charged with manslaughter in Birmingham school shooting
- Madison County man is in jail on a manslaughter charge
- Sheffield police charge man with manslaughter in 26-year-old's death