Jackson County Sheriff Chuck Phillips says a man is in the county jail after hitting a woman with a car on Oct. 16th, 2018.
Sheriff Phillips says around 11 p.m. that day, David Tipton, 40, hit Samantha Lee Frison from Bridgeport with his car at 5th Street and Ehrich Avenue. She died from her injuries.
Tipton was indicted in September by a grand jury for manslaughter. He was booked in the jail on Thursday, and his bond is set at $50,000.
The sheriff couldn't answer whether or not the incident was an accident or if Tipton was under the influence.
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Man charged with manslaughter in deadly 2018 wreck in Jackson County
- Woman charged with manslaughter
- Woman accused of leaving scene of deadly Madison wreck charged with manslaughter
- Madison County grand jury indicts man for manslaughter, DUI, leaving the scene in deadly 2018 crash
- Driver charged with manslaughter in deadly Huntsville crash
- Florence woman charged in deadly wreck
- Man takes plea deal in 2018 Colbert County manslaughter case
- Detroit man charged in fatal 2018 DeKalb County wreck
- Madison County man is in jail on a manslaughter charge