There are still many unanswered questions about LaJeromeny Brown's criminal history.
Brown is charged with capital murder. Police say he shot and killed Huntsville STAC Agent Billy Clardy III during a drug investigation on Friday.
We did some digging into Brown's lengthy rap sheet, which dates back all the way to 1996.
Last year in Tennessee, he received multiple charges, including aggravated assault on a police officer, and was out on bond. Just five months ago, Brown was arrested in Chattanooga, Tennessee for drug charges and for having a firearm. He's supposed to be in court for these charges later this month.
WAAY 31 is not finished investigating Brown to find out how he was able to get out of jail with the charges against him and why some previous charges were dropped. You can read what we've learned about his criminal history so far here.
We have reached out to officials in Tennessee and we're waiting to hear back. We also reached out to the Huntsville Police Department to find out when Brown will see a judge for Officer Clardy's murder.
- Man charged with killing Huntsville police officer has long criminal history
- Man charged with killing Huntsville police officer meets with judge
- WAAY I-TEAM: Prosecutor answers questions about career criminal charged with killing Huntsville officer
- Huntsville police officer charged with murder denied immunity by Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder
- Huntsville police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Huntsville police: Man with criminal past tasered, arrested after running from officers
- Huntsville police charge man with murder
- Huntsville police getting more officers