An Elkmont man is out of jail on bond after Limestone County investigators said he admitted impersonating a law enforcement officer last week.
Kaarl Edward Lewis Travelstead II, 23, was charged with impersonating a police officer Monday after meeting with Limestone County Sheriff's Office investigators.
Travelstead is accused of knocking on the door of a home near the intersection of Johnson and Harvest roads around 1:30 a.m. Friday and telling the person who answered the door he was from the sheriff's office. Travelstead was wearing a holstered pistol and told the person who answered the door he was investigating a fight that occurred earlier in the night, authorities said.
After asking to speak to a person of interest in the fight, the resident asked for identification, and Travelstead handed over his driver's license, according to the sheriff's office. When asked for a badge, authorities said Travelstead told the person he was only a reserve deputy and was assisting investigators.
After the resident told Travelstead to get a uniformed deputy to the house, authorities said Travelstead made a phone call, grabbed his driver's license and got into a vehicle that pulled into the driveway.
Investigators called Travelstead Monday and said he met them at the sheriff's office, where he admitted to the crime.
He has been released from the Limestone County Jail after posting a $2,500 bond.
- Man charged with impersonating Limestone County deputy
- Limestone County sheriff: Man charged with falsely reporting deputy assaulted his mother
- Limestone County Sheriff’s Office: Harvest man charged after assaulting deputy, breaking into store
- Limestone County man charged with resisting deputies, kicking out patrol vehicle window
- Decatur man arrested for impersonating peace officer
- Ex Limestone County Commission Chairman arrested for harassment, impersonation on Facebook
- Limestone County judge arrested on multiple charges
- Huntsville man charged in Athens, Limestone County armed robberies
- Man arrested after road rampage in Limestone Co., deputies say
- Limestone County deputies investigating shooting on Old Railroad Bed Road