Photo Gallery 5 Images
A man who had several outstanding arrest warrants led Morgan County deputies on a chase Monday that ended in a wreck.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office said deputies tried to pull over John Phillip Hale, 26, near Mill Creek and Lacon roads Monday after spotting him in a vehicle.
Hale led deputies on a chase into Cullman County on Highway 31 south and then back into Morgan County, where he wrecked at Higdon Road, authorities said.
Hale was taken into custody and a pregnant woman who was in the vehicle with Hale was sent to a hospital for treatment, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies searched the vehicle and said they found more than four ounces of methamphetamine, marijuana, Oxycodone pills, Suboxone, Ecstasy, drug paraphernalia and a loaded pistol.
Hale was charged with meth trafficking, drug possession, marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession. He also had 8 warrants for traffic, theft and drug-related crimes, according to the sheriff's office.
He's being held in the Morgan County Jail without bond.
- Man charged with drug trafficking after chase ends in wreck
- Police Chase Ends in Wreck
- Athens man charged with drug trafficking
- Chase with stolen vehicle ends in wreck
- Athens woman facing drug trafficking charges
- Police arrest Huntsville man on drug trafficking charges
- DeKalb County chase ends in multiple charges
- Marshall County man charged with meth trafficking
- Decatur man charged with trafficking cocaine
- Morgan County man charged with meth trafficking