A Decatur man was charged with capital murder after Decatur Police said he was responsible for killing two people.
Kendall Rashid Rucker, 22, was arrested Wednesday night and charged in connection to the deaths of David Gullatte, 31, and Sharonda Bouldin, 27.
Around 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, the Morgan County E911 Center received a call to check the well-being of the residents of 915 Clearview Street SW.
When officers arrived on scene, they were advised that multiple gunshots had been heard from inside the residence, minutes earlier, according to the statement from the department.
"Officers with the Decatur Police Department’s Patrol Division forced entry into the residence and located the deceased bodies of David Gullatte and Sharonda Bouldin. There was also a young child in the residence that was unharmed."
Investigators said Rucker had been identified as fleeing the residence on Clearview shortly after the shots were fired.
No bond was issued for Rucker due to the charge.
- Decatur man charged with capital murder in double homicide
- Man charged with capital murder in Muscle Shoals homicide
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Man indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 Toney murders
- Decatur police arrest two suspects for capital murder
- Person of interest in custody after double murder in Decatur
- Man charged with capital murder for shooting after argument
- Man facing capital murder charges seeks youthful offender status
- Man charged with capital murder for Athens shooting
- Second man charged with Athens capital murder of Darius Allen