A Decatur man is facing charges after police said he robbed a store at gunpoint Monday evening.
J.C. Denota Nicholas, 25, was arrested at a home near the Dollar General on Beltline Road after it was robbed around 7 p.m.
Nicholas is accused of walking into the store with a shotgun and demanding money. He left the store after employees gave him money from the register, police said.
A police K-9 unit was brought in and tracked Nicholas to a home near the store, where he was taken into custody.
Police charged Nicholas with first-degree robbery and obstructing justice after they said he lied to them about his identity. According to police, he also had warrants through the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
His bond was set at $72,500.
- Man arrested for robbing Dollar General with shotgun
- Second arrest made in Dollar General robbery
- Dollar General manager arrested for stealing from store
- Morgan Co. Sheriff's Office looking for two men who robbed Dollar General
- Collinsville Police warn of duo using fake $20 bills as distraction to rob Dollar General
- Athens police seek Dollar General robbery suspect
- Dollar General hosting job fair in Decatur
- Paint Rock man charged in second Dollar General robbery
- Police say man shot blaring smoke detector with a shotgun
- Athens police arrest man for shoplifting at Dollar General, hitting employee