Police in the city of Sebastian, Florida, arrested a man for hurling a singing Billy Bass fish at his friend, WFTS-TV in Tampa reported.
According to the report, Greg Carney slapped his friend with the fish after the friend threw the fish in the trash. He told police he did it because Carney kept making the fish sing when he knew it irritated him.
Police said Carney took it out of the trash can and tossed it at his friend which resulted in a cut just above his eyebrow. Carney said he didn't intend to hit his friend.
Carney was booked into the Indian River County jail on a charge of domestic battery. He was later released on $500 bond.
Billy Bass is an automated wall-mounted fish which sings when you press a button. A new version is now compatible with Amazon's Alexa.
- Man arrested for hitting friend with singing Billy Bass fish
- Lake Guntersville named nation's second-best bass fishing lake
- VIDEO: Alabama man catches bass by hand
- Huntsville pastors reflect on Billy Graham's life
- Billy Hunter experiences damage from Monday's storm
- RV hit teen along Hwy 31's roadside fishing spot
- Singing River Trail gets positive community feedback
- A fish called Wakanda: New purple fish honors 'Black Panther'
- Rev. Billy Graham dies at North Carolina home
- Billy Graham is remembered in what's his final crusade