Florence Police announced the arrest of Marcus Weakley for the June 10th murder of Patton “Huggie” Shipley.
A grand jury indicted Weakley for the death of Shipley last week, and Weakley turned himself in this past weekend.
Shipley was found shot to death at a home on Long Lane. Weakley is held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
According to court records, Weakley was arrested back in 2009 and charged with shooting into an unnoccuped vehicle, reckless endangerment and menacing.
- Man arrested in Florence murder
- Man arrested for Florence murder
- Two Florence men arrested in murder case
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder
- Florence Burglar Arrested
- Florence Police arrest man for vandalizing billboard
- Florence man arrested on theft, forgery charges
- Florence man arrested on rape charges
- Florence man arrested for multiple vehicle burglaries
- Man arrested for attempted murder