A man was arrested in connection to domestic violence.
James Reaves, 45, of Gadsden was charged with one count of domestic violence by strangulation or suffocation.
According to authorities, a 911 call was made concerning an incident where Reaves was accused of dragging the victim across the yard with backpack straps and striking the victim several times in the face with his elbows.
When authorities arrived, Reaves led them on a brief foot chase before he was caught.
Reaves is currently being held in the Etowah County Detention Center without bond.
Authorities said, Reaves faces additional charges of Attempting to Elude and Drug Paraphernalia.
- Man arrested for Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence in Alabama
- Florence man charged with domestic violence, kidnapping
- Lawrence County deputy arrested on domestic violence charge
- Florence Police arrest state trooper for domestic violence
- Madison County reserve deputy arrested on domestic violence charge
- Repeat offender arrested for domestic violence in Decatur
- Legal experts explain domestic violence laws
- Florence police looking for man wanted on domestic violence warrants
- Huntsville police: Man stabbed, then charged with domestic violence