A man was arrested in connection to domestic violence.
James Reaves, 45, of Gadsden was charged with one count of domestic violence by strangulation or suffocation.
According to authorities, a 911 call was made concerning an incident where Reaves was accused of dragging the victim across the yard with backpack straps and striking the victim several times in the face with his elbows.
When authorities arrived, Reaves led them on a brief foot chase before he was caught.
Reaves is currently being held in the Etowah County Detention Center without bond.
Authorities said, Reaves faces additional charges of Attempting to Elude and Drug Paraphernalia.
- Man arrested for Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence in Alabama
- Florence man charged with domestic violence, kidnapping
- Madison County reserve deputy arrested on domestic violence charge
- Lawrence County deputy arrested on domestic violence charge
- Legal experts explain domestic violence laws
- Alabama sheriff's deputy shot during domestic violence call
- Domestic-violence allegations against suspended Lawrence County Sheriff's captain
- Suspect in custody after domestic violence report and police search
- Domestic violence suspect wanted in Tuscumbia now in custody