The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says a suspect is in custody after officials conducted a traffic stop on Saturday at Highway 55 East in Falkville for multiple traffic violations.
Deputies smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle and asked the driver and a female passenger to exit it, the sheriff's office says. More than 3 grams of marijuana and $2,600 in counterfeit U.S. currency was recovered during a search.
Courtesy of the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office
Christopher Nicholas, 47, of Eight Mile was arrested for three counts of first-degree criminal possession of a forged Instrument and second-degree possession of marijuana. He was booked in the Morgan County Jail with a $15,300 bond.
- Suspect arrested during Morgan Co. traffic stop for narcotics, counterfeit money
- Multiple suspects arrested in Morgan Co. Sheriff's Office narcotics sweep
- Decatur police seek counterfeit money suspects
- Marshall Co. deputies seize $100,000 in narcotics during traffic stop
- Athens Police arrest third suspect in recent counterfeit money crimes
- Huntsville Police arrest suspect on counterfeit money charges
- Man arrested for printing counterfeit money
- Investigation into counterfeit money leads to arrest
- How to spot counterfeit money
- Police searching for counterfeiting suspect