A man was arrested after a report was made concerning a vehicle being stolen.
Michael Hitt, 33, was charged with Theft of Property in the first degree.
According to Decatur Police, the vehicle was stolen from the 400 block of Johnston St. SE. During the investigation Hitt was developed as a suspect.
Police said, on Mar. 23 Hitt was arrested and transported to the Decatur Police Department.
Hitt is being held at the Morgan County Jail.
Police said, because of Hitt's extensive criminal history Morgan County Circuit Count Judge Jennifer Howell issued Hitt's warrant with a $30,000 bond.
- Man arrested after stealing a vehicle
- Decatur man arrested for stealing roofing material
- Florence man arrested for multiple vehicle burglaries
- Man arrested after stealing phone from AT&T store
- Man suspected of stealing newspapers arrested for gun possession
- Man arrested for stealing a car in Decatur
- Man arrested for stealing 800 pounds of lemons
- Man arrested for stealing clothes from Belk, second suspect sought
- Hartselle police arrest woman accused of stealing from man's garage
- Decatur Police arrest man accused of stealing from Lowe's