Photo Gallery 1 Images
A man is behind bars accused of stabbing one person and assaulting two Madison County Sheriff's deputies last night in Hazel Green.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office says deputies responded to an assault call at 1250 Scott Road in Hazel Green.
When they got there, they found a person who was stabbed. The victim was sent to Huntsville Hospital and was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies say when Michael Hillis was being detained, he assaulted two deputies and made threats against another.
The deputies were treated at the scene and are okay.
Hillis was arrested and charged with Burglary, Assault and Making a Terrorist Threat.
The sheriff's office says deputies later found that Hillis was on drugs. He was treated for a possible overdose, as well as being under the influence of alcohol.
Right now, Hillis is at the Madison County Jail with a bond of $120,000.
- Man charged with assault after deputies say he stabbed victim, assaulted 2 deputies in Hazel Green
- 1 shot in Hazel Green over money dispute, deputies say
- Murder suspect in Hazel Green home invasion, shooting was originally charged with assault
- Woman charged with assault for weekend stabbing
- Deputies search for man who drove car into Hazel Green business
- Hazel Green neighbors remain nervous after man arrested for attacking deputies
- Hazel Green High principal resigns
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- Hazel Green house fire reported
- Hazel Green man killed in wreck