The Limestone County Sheriff's Office says Fred Somerville officially has been charged with capital murder in the death of an Ardmore man.
Fred Somerville, the man accused of killing his estranged wife and a 74-year-old man, is in the Limestone County Jail Tuesday night.
The Limestone County Sheriff's Office picked him up after he bonded out of the Pickens County Jail on Tuesday. Somerville is facing two capital murder charges, along with charges for abuse of a corpse, attempting to elude, theft of property first-degree and reckless endangerment.
Officials say Somerville, who is from Huntsville, was arrested in July after an officer-involved shooting in Pickens County. They say he was found with a stolen vehicle that contained his deceased wife, 39-year-old LaKresha Somerville, who was reported missing on July 18, 2019.
Somerville is also accused of killing 74-year-old Bruce Cosman in Ardmore. The Limestone County Sheriff's Office says he was shot and killed in his backyard on Ardmore Avenue. His wife said he went outside to investigate some noise.
BREAKING: Fred Somerville has been transported from the Pickens County Jail to the Limestone County Jail on capital murder charges for the murders of his estranged wife Lakresha and 74-year old Bruce Cosman of Ardmore. Somerville has no bond.
— Limestone Sheriff (@LimestoneCoSO) August 7, 2019
- Man accused of murdering wife, Ardmore man formally charged in Limestone County
- UPDATE: Limestone County sheriff charges suspect in murder of 74-year-old in Ardmore
- Man charged with impersonating Limestone County deputy
- Man charged with stealing property from an Ardmore church
- Limestone Co. sheriff: Ardmore man arrested after stolen historical monuments found in storage unit
- Damage near Ardmore
- Limestone County man arrested for attempted murder, arson
- Limestone County man accused of defrauding federal government
- Limestone County shooting victim dies; juvenile now charged with murder
- Limestone County man drowns in Tennessee River