MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama man is accused of sharing lewd pictures with a 13-year-old girl through a social media app where users can anonymously post secrets or share thoughts.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports 24-year-old Jordan Cleghorn Williams was charged with offenses that include transmitting obscene material to a child. The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office signed a warrant for his arrest Friday.
The alleged incident occurred in April. An affidavit for the Auburn man's arrest says he contacted the girl through the Whispers app, sent pictures of his genitals and attempted to meet her. The affidavit says she told him she was under the age of consent.
Chief Deputy Kevin Murphy says Williams is currently being held in Lee County on separate felony charges. It's unclear if Williams has a lawyer.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com
- Man accused of sharing lewd photos with girl via Whisper app
- Alabama city councilman charged with public lewdness
- Thousands share photo of ex-inmate with #VOTED sticker
- New fallout from mayor's lewd facebook post about Alabama's governor
- Ardmore police seek man with warrant for committing lewd, indecent acts to child
- Police: Man met girl, 13, on dating app, took her to Florida
- Alabama man accused of raping girl, 5, has been arrested
- PHOTOS: Marshall County authorities round up accused drug dealers
- Man who found missing 3-year-old girl in DeKalb County shares story
- Lawsuit: Photo studio put inappropriate photo of teen online