Dennis Hammond pleaded guilty to 2 counts of murder in a DUI case that left Denetria Rice-Johnson and ultimately her baby dead.
Since he pleaded guilty there will be no trial, according to Hammond's attorney.
Huntsville Police said Hammond was under the influence when he crossed into oncoming traffic on Jordan Lane and hit Rice-Johnson head-on in July 2017.
The 29-year-old Rice-Johnson was rushed to Huntsville Hospital where she later died.
Authorities say doctors delivered the baby, but it was in critical condition. The baby survived only a few days before dying.
Hammond's attorney said the sentencing will happen on May 16th.
- Man charged with killing two in Huntsville pleads guilty
- Huntsville terror suspect intends to plead guilty
- Huntsville terror suspect Aziz Sayyed pleads guilty
- Huntsville man pleads guilty in federal child sex trafficking case
- Gymnastics doctor pleads guilty to sex charges
- Man charged in Salvation Army worker death pleads not guilty
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Man pleads guilty to lesser charge in murder case
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder