Shoppers in Madison are looking forward to seeing the new development of Clift Farms.
WAAY 31 reported that Breland Companies purchased the 550 acre property across from the Target on Highway 72.
The development for Clift Farm will feature retail, residential and entertainment opportunities. People who dine and shop on Highway 72 in Madison said the area is very convenient and it's grown over the years.
"There's a lot of new shops out here and everything is close. It's easy to walk shop to shop," said Emily Crabtree.
"When I moved here, this Target shopping center didn't exist and obviously people like it and come here to shop," said Serena Butler.
Louis Breland of Breland Companies purchased Clift Farm from Jack Clift. Now, Breland is working to create a new community that will reflect Clift's vision in his honor. He plans to add a timeless feel and keep the nature surrounding.
"I hear it's a mixed used development so it'll be both residential and commercial. That'll be good more than just retail strip mall centers on 72," Butler said.
Some shopper's biggest concern is the heavy traffic.
"Expand the roads, additional lights. Whatever they have to do to help with the traffic situation," Butler said.
However, business owners look forward to the extra people in the area.
"We think it'll give us exposure by having people run errands out this way. It'll give us exposure," said Bonnie Beddingfield at Orange Theory Fitness.
In the future, people can expect to see more retail, dining, residential, office spaces and medical facilities built along Highway 72. Shoppers already have their wishes in mind.
"It'll be great to see some creative building styles as far as residential," Butler said.
"Maybe a movie theater. More stuff for children and kids to do," Crabtree said.
Breland Companies is meeting with architects and land planners for the finalized master plan.
- Madison shoppers hope new development on Hwy 72 doesn't impact traffic
- Traffic Alert: I-65 southbound shut down between HWY 72 and Huntsville-Brownsferry Rd. due to wreck
- Highway 72 wreck slows down morning traffic
- New mystery shopper scam hits Madison Co.
- Madison police: Wreck at Highway 72 at Wall Triana Highway caused traffic delays
- Traffic alert: Accident impacting Hughes Road in Madison
- Madison Co. road will soon extend to Highway 72 East
- $27M development project coming to downtown Madison
- Developer breaks ground on Town Madison apartments
- Flooding impacting crops in Madison County