Four suspects are still on the run after an armed robbery at a Verizon store in Madison. Madison police say two employees were held at gunpoint Monday afternoon, in broad daylight.
The two Verizon employees involved said they were zip-tied and held at gunpoint by four people.
This is the latest in a growing list of unsolved robberies throughout North Alabama. No arrests have been made in at least five of those cases in the last month and that's why people are on their toes.
"Scary. It made me nervous. I really didn't believe him at first. I thought he was just playing with me," Cynthia Valentin, a nearby worker, said.
Madison police arrived at the Verizon around 2:30 Monday afternoon, after they say three men and a female held store employees at gunpoint while they robbed the store. Police said merchandise was stolen, but employees told WAAY 31 phones and money were taken.
The employees did not want to speak on camera but also told WAAY 31 the two of them and a customer were zip-tied inside the store.
Valentin is shocked this all happened in the middle of the day.
"Like who does that? It's broad day light," Valentin said.
This is the latest in a string of armed robberies in Madison and Limestone counties. On Friday, Huntsville police responded to an armed robbery at Metro PCS in south Huntsville.
At the beginning of the month, Huntsville police say a Rosie's delivery driver was attacked by four men. One had a gun and demanded the driver's wallet. Investigators are also trying to find out if those attacks are related to a robbery at a Dollar General in Madison County and another at a Gamestop in Athens.
Madison Police Captain John Stringer tells WAAY 31 it is unclear if the Verizon robbery is connected, but said there is a possibility. Right now, it's unclear, as the situation is under investigation.
Madison police say they do not have a track on where the four suspects in this armed robbery could have gone. The Verizon store was immediately closed for the rest of Monday. It is unclear when it will re-open.
- Madison police: 4 suspects wanted after Verizon employees zip-tied, held at gunpoint
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Verizon
- Massive Verizon texting outage reported
- Verizon call center employees moving out of Research Park and into their own homes
- Police searching for robbery suspect in Madison
- Madison Police looking for suspected thief
- Madison Police Department needs help identifying suspects
- Cops on Top event held in Madison
- Madison County sheriff wants help identifying theft suspect
- Wanted Huntsville, Madison County drug suspect caught in DeKalb County