Madison police are investigating an overnight shooting in the 100 block of Royal Drive.
Officers responded on Tuesday around 10 p.m. and found a victim with multiple gunshot wounds. They began providing first aid to the victim.
The victim, whose name is not being released right now, was taken to Huntsville Hospital. Police say the most recent update was that the victim was in stable condition.
Detectives say during the investigation, it was discovered a bullet entered a nearby apartment, but there were no injuries from that. They have identified persons of interest, but the police department says that information will not be released currently.
Anyone with information is asked to call 256-772-5689 during the day or dispatch at 256-722-7190 for after-hours calls.
- Victim shot multiple times in Madison shooting
- Multiple victims reported in Maryland shooting
- Victim identified in Madison County deadly shooting
- Dog has surgery after being shot multiple times in Albertville
- Decatur police charge woman with stabbing victim multiple times
- Madison police investigating shooting
- Madison County sheriff IDs homicide victim, says shooting ‘isolated incident’
- Police identify victim in deadly shooting behind Madison Kroger
- Man arrested after eluding police multiple times
- 2 women sought after a north Huntsville home was shot multiple times