Ballcorps released a list of ten names that you can vote on for the team name.
When you go to vote online you have the option of picking a locator name as well.
Your options are: Rocket City, North Alabama, or Madison.
That means the team could end up being called the "Rocket City Trash Pandas," the "North Alabama Thunder Sharks", or the "Madison Lunartics," amongst other combinations.
We got an email from a viewer who is upset about this, because the City of Madison is spending $46 million in tax payer money to build a new stadium.
The viewer thought it was a done deal for the location part of the team name to include the city "Madison."
Other people in Madison aren't that concerned with it though.
"I realize its an independent town in its own right, but its so close it doesn't bother me," said Andrew Machemer.
"I mean, if they want to name it north alabama, huntsville, madison, any of those; you know, as long as they have a team here," said Michael Chenault.
WAAY 31 called Ballcorps Thursday night to get clarification on the agreement between the company and the City of Madison about the regional naming rights of the team, but we haven't gotten a call back yet.
- Madison baseball team name vote raises concerns
- New baseball team in Madison might not have 'Madison' in team name
- Fans make pitches to name Madison's baseball team
- Top 10 names released for new Madison baseball team
- Possible upcoming changes in the Madison baseball team contract
- Baseball President responds to concerns about team name
- Madison officials, BallCorps sign baseball agreement
- Madison City Council votes in favor of minor league baseball stadium development agreement
- City of Madison releases rendering of new baseball stadium, agreement with team owner