Madison Fire is investigating a gas leak at Griffon Aerospace on Commerce Circle.
The leak was called in just before 6 am Friday morning. Fire crews said the gas leak came from inside the manufacturing building and there were able to cut the gas. The North Alabama Gas Company was brought in to confirm the gas leak. The electricity was also cut off to the building.
According to officials, the gas levels are under control and did not reach flammable levels. Fire crews are working to ventilate the building. They said there is no hazard or threat to the public or buildings nearby.
Front offices will open this morning. The manufacturing site will be closed until repairs can be made.
- Madison Fire responds to gas leak
- UPDATE: Gas leak impacts Starling, Goldfinch drives in Madison
- Athens crews dealing with gas leak
- Gas leak temporarily shuts down Winchester Road
- South Huntsville homes evacuated after gas leak
- Crews respond to Madison County house fire
- Students released early from Geraldine School due to gas leak
- Huntsville Utilities reminding public to be cautious of gas leaks
- Crews respond to apartment fire at Michael Avenue in Madison
- Madison Police respond to Buttercup Lane shooting