The Madison County Sheriff's Office is working to find out who murdered Ralph Parham, 28.
The sheriff's office was called early Wednesday morning after a driver noticed a man in the road in front of Northeast Chase Estates.
People who live in the neighborhood said they were unable to leave for work early Wednesday morning because of the homicide investigation happening at its entrance.
"One of the deputies came over and told me that an incident took place and it would probably be awhile before we got ready to go through. It was raining and stuff," said a neighbor, Ederic Kerney.
The sheriff's office was called to the neighborhood around 1 o'clock Wednesday morning, but neighbors said they never heard anything prior to deputies arriving because storms were passing through the area.
"It was raining and storming this morning. The chances were slim to none," he said.
Sheriff Kevin Turner said his team believes Ralph Parham's murder is an isolated incident. However, investigators have not released any information on a motive and haven't said if he lived in the area.
"My heart kind of breaks. I'm not sure what the back story is, but it probably wasn't pleasant. At the same time, he still does have a family, and I'm sure that the fact that they lost him and he won't be coming home is really sad," said Shirley Zang, a neighbor.
Another neighbor said her daughter was shot and killed four years ago, so she knows the victim's family has tough days ahead.
"Regardless of what we deal with and go through in this world, we have to keep pushing on because God is always in the background interceding on our behalf," said a neighbor, Angela Monger-Kerney.
If anyone has information related to the case, they can call the Madison County Sheriff’s Office at 256-722-7181. You can also submit crime tips to email@example.com.
- Madison County sheriff IDs homicide victim, says shooting ‘isolated incident’
- Madison Co. sheriff: Ardmore shooting investigated as homicide, victim a 72-year-old woman
- Victim identified in Madison County deadly shooting
- Madison County Sheriff's Office investigating overnight shooting
- Man indicted for Madison County triple homicide
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- Madison County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting on Monday night
- Madison County sheriff: Ex-girlfriend shoots man in Hazel Green
- Limestone County sheriff IDs owner of runaway mini horse
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Office identifies victim of Monday night shooting