A Madison County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Deputy has been arrested.
Reserve Sergeant Steve Morgan was arrested Tuesday after a family member obtained a warrant for domestic violence.
Madison County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the volunteer officer was placed on administrative leave. Both his weapon and badge were turned in.
Reserve deputies do not have the authority to make arrests. They are, however, allowed to work with full-time deputies and serve as back up units. Reserve deputies mainly do traffic and security details mostly.
Morgan bonded out of jail the same day on a $300 bond.
An administrative hearing has not been scheduled at this time.
- Madison County reserve deputy arrested on domestic violence charge
- Lawrence County deputy arrested on domestic violence charge
- Marshall County deputy resigns following domestic violence arrest
- Man arrested for Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence in Alabama
- Florence man charged with domestic violence, kidnapping
- Decatur man charged in domestic violence stabbing
- Report: Arrested reserve deputy pointed Taser at woman
- Alabama sheriff's deputy shot during domestic violence call
- Madison City Police raise awareness for domestic violence