Monrovia and Harvest fire departments responded Wednesday evening to a structure fire on Ventana Circle in Monrovia.
Officials say the fire started in the chimney, and there were no injuries.
The homeowner, Dana Prescott, said there is only smoke and water damage to the floors and living room area in the home. She said she's thankful to the crew for putting it out quickly.
"Call as soon as you think something is a problem because, honestly, I thought my husband was overreacting. He said, 'No, call 911 right now.' It's a good thing we did, because we could have lost our whole house," Prescott said.
She, her husband and her dog were in the house at the time the fire started.