HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - A former north Alabama jail guard faces criminal charges over allegations that he was sexually involved with a female inmate.
Local news media report that Victor Flores De Leon Jr. turned himself in last month to Madison County officials on one charge of custodial sexual misconduct.
Madison County jail spokesman Brent Patterson says the incident supposedly happened Oct. 9 in the jail in Huntsville and was reported the same day. He says he can't share details of what investigators believe happen because the case is ongoing.
De Leon had been working at the jail for about two years but has resigned.
He's free on $7,500 bail, but Patterson says De Leon could face more charges.
- Madison County ex-jailer charged with sex crime
- Four Marshall County jailers charged with smuggling contraband
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Madison County Assistant District Attorney breaks down teacher's sex charges
- Sheriff: Lawrence County Jail inmate bites one jailer, hits another
- Mental evaluation ordered for 71-year-old Madison County man accused of sex crimes
- Red Bay School assistant charged with child sex crimes
- Alabama pastor charged with child sex crimes wants bond reduction
- Teacher, former school board member charged with sex crimes
- 2 jailers assaulted by inmate in Jackson Co., officials say