Madison County deputies say a man is behind bars facing a methamphetamine trafficking charge stemming from a Sunday traffic stop.
Investigators say a deputy pulled over a pick-up truck because of traffic violations. The driver, Rex Segars, pulled over in his driveway on McCormick Drive. The deputy spotted multiple weapons inside the vehicle which led to a search. Investigators say they recovered a total of three shotguns, six rifles, four handguns, digital scales, thirteen ounces of methamphetamine and more than $4,500 in cash. One of the handguns recovered was reported stolen.
Photos: Madison County Sheriff
Photo: Madison County Sheriff
Segars, 59, was placed in the Madison County Jail on a $100,000 bond. Authorities say his bond was revoked in two previous charges.
The suspect is also expected to face additional charges including receiving stolen property.
- PHOTOS: Madison County deputies seize large amount of meth, firearms in traffic stop
- Limestone County search nets large amount of meth, marijuana, firearms
- Large amount of meth found during traffic stop
- Marshall Co. deputies seize $100,000 in narcotics during traffic stop
- Meth, cocaine, stolen gun found in DeKalb County traffic stop
- UPDATE: Large field fire in Madison County
- Huntsville traffic stop finds Madison County rape, incest suspect
- 2 arrested after Tennessee agents seize massive amount of 'Molly'
- Photos: Hail reported in Madison County
- Traffic stop leads to arrest for meth, crack cocaine