Photo Gallery 5 Images
Three people are facing drug trafficking charges after authorities said they found several pounds of marijuana in two Madison County homes.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Unit and SWAT team served warrants early Wednesday morning at home on Venonna Avenue and East Arbor Drive, a sheriff's office spokesman said.
On Venonna Avenue, authorities said they found three and a half pounds of marijuana and a gun. They arrested Nathaniel Fletcher, 41, and Devon Fields, 24, on marijuana trafficking charges.
At the home on East Arbor Drive, authorities said they found 14 pounds of high-grade marijuana and three guns. They arrested Demetris Mitchell, 29, and charged him with marijuana trafficking, drug possession, and forbidden possession of a firearm.
The Spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office told WAAY 31 the two cases are related, but could not give any further details.
Jail records indicate all three men bonded out of the Madison County Jail Wednesday.
- Madison County authorities find marijuana, guns in two drug busts
- Madison County authorities bust suspected credit card thief
- Ecstasy, marijuana and meth found in weekend drug busts
- PHOTOS: 8 arrested in Madison hotel drug bust
- 5 arrested in Etowah County drug bust
- Four arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- Police find 17 pounds of heroin in drug bust
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- Madison County considers a Cemetery Rehabilitation Authority
- Madison County swim teams find temporary home