According to Madison County Schools, the Board of Education voted Tuesday night to sell 58.55 acres of land on Pine Grove Road to the Jeff Benton Development. The price was not released.
This is land the school system purchased in 2014 with plans of building a new high school for the Monrovia area. Back in May, the board decided to make improvements to current schools instead of building a new one.
- Madison County Schools sells land intended for new high school
- Madison County alum retires high school jersey
- School improvements coming to Madison County Schools
- Iconic Boeing B-29 Lands in Madison County
- Madison County workers cleaning up Ditto Landing
- Madison County Schools discuss high tech solution for protecting campuses
- Madison County Commission helps Sparkman High School reconfigure parking
- TVA land sells for $5 million dollars
- Local high school graduate lands Cyber Security job in Huntsville
- Lamm lands at Huntsville High School as next baseball coach