The Madison County School District is now accepting applications for a new principal at Hazel Green High School. This follows the resignation of the former principal, just one week into the new school year.
According to the district website, the job was first posted Thursday, August 9th.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, August 22nd.
The school district hopes to have a principal in place by the end of August.
" We have community advisory groups at each of our schools, around half a dozen or so, community members that are involved. And I'm going to meet with the group at Hazel Green and ask those questions, what are the values you want in a principal? And what are you going to be looking for?" said Madison County Schools Superintendent Matt Massey.
As WAAY 31 has reported, the former Hazel Green High principal, Darrell Long, resigned for family and personal reasons, according to a school board member.
- Madison County Schools accepting principal applications
- Tennessee panel accepting applications for 2 judgeships
- Madison County Courthouse could become passport application site
- Tanner High School principal fired
- Madison Police Department taking applications for new officers
- School improvements coming to Madison County Schools
- Attorney sends letter to the Madison Co. school board regarding former Hazel Green High principal's resignation
- New principal named for Meridianville Middle School
- New principal for Harlan Elementary School
- Hazel Green High School names new principal