The Madison County School Board has hired the Alabama Association of School Boards to assist with the search of a new superintendent.
The board will receive resumes, vet candidates and then present a list of qualified applicants to the school board. Madison County Schools has used the board to help find new superintendents in the past.
The spokesperson for the schools, Tim Hall, said the school board will be more involved in the process than they have in the past.
"They are going to be much more hands on. The school board will be looking at all of these candidates. They will be laying out all of the variables: How do we want to choose the person? What will he or she look like? How much experience will they have? What will their relationship have been with the previous school organization?" Hall said.
The board is now accepting applications for the open position. The current interim superintendent will only be able to fill the seat for 180 days.
If you're interested in applying, click here.
- Madison County School Board searching for new superintendent
- Madison County School Board interviews finalists for superintendent position
- Madison County Schools superintendent interviews begin
- New Madison County Schools superintendent sworn in
- Madison County School board discusses results of survey to find new superintendent
- Madison City Schools Superintendent holds community meeting
- Madison County Schools searched by drug dogs
- Superintendent delivers 2019 Madison County State of the Schools Address
- Madison County Schools name Dr. Mark Minskey as interim superintendent
- Madison County Schools superintendent finalists to be announced