The Madison County District Attorney filed an order yesterday of Nolle Prosse in the murder charges against Billy Cardwell. This means that the state will not proceed further and asks that all costs and fees, including a bail bond, be waived.
Cardwell was arrested in December 2016 for the October shooting that led to the death of Phillip Montague. His trial was scheduled for Monday, September 24, 2018.
- District Attorney files order to not proceed in Huntsville murder case
- Huntsville attorney explains what's next in police officer's murder case
- Attorney General files temporary restraining order against chain of North AL massage businesses in human-trafficking case
- Lawyer: Motion to dismiss filed in Huntsville murder case after surveillance images released
- Motion to dismiss filed in Huntsville murder case after surveillance images released
- Gag order issued for Huntsville officer's murder trial
- I-Team: Huntsville city attorney refuses to release records without court order
- Supreme Court won't hear 1996 Huntsville capital murder case
- Huntsville police officer appealing immunity ruling in his murder case
- Huntsville District Attorney's Office has been summoned by an Alabama circuit judge for hearing