Madison County Democratic Women will be hosting their 54th Annual JFK Scholarship Awards dinner Thursday, May 3.
The dinner will be held at The Ledges beginning at 7 p.m.
The keynote speaker for the event will be Senator Doug Jones.
Madison County Democratic Women was founded in 1961 to support the ideals articulated by President John F. Kennedy.
The centerpiece of their work is their work is this annual event, which has been awarded since 1964 to a graduating high school senior who intends to pursue post-secondary education.
The winner of this year's scholarship is Hazel Green High School senior, Lauren Jessica Heard.
Her winning essay was in response to this year’s application question: “What impact has the present administration had on the American family as it relates to education, finances, and culture?”
Ms. Heard will read her winning essay at the 2018 JFK Dinner, followed by keynote speaker Senator Doug Jones. Reservations for the dinner may be made at www.democraticwomenofmadisoncounty.com.
- Madison County Democratic Women hosting annual scholarship awards dinner
- Madison County Democratic Party hosting debate watch parties
- The Madison County Democratic Women Will hold a luncheon today
- Madison County teacher wins national award
- Huntsville police host awards banquet
- 17th Annual Athlete of the Year scholarship banquet
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Lt. recieves national award
- Madison County Democratic Party Executive Committee member dies
- Madison County first responders host National Night Out in Huntsville
- Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program Hosting Free Clinics