A member of the executive committe of the Madison County Democrats and a former state senate candidate has passed away, according to the organization.
The Madison County Democrats confirmed via social media that Deborah Barros passed away.
She ran against Sam Givhan for Alabama State Senate District 7 in 2018. She then decided to run for the Madison County Commission seat held by JesHenry Malone.
The MCD said in a statement:
"Our deepest sympathies go out to Deborah's family and friends. We'll pass along funeral arrangments when we have them."
- Madison County Democratic Party Executive Committee member dies
- Madison County Democratic Party hosting debate watch parties
- House committee approves nitrogen execution
- Family wants to continue legacy of late Madison County Democratic Party member
- Alabama committee votes to allow nitrogen executions
- Madison County inmate dies, launching investigation
- Teenager dies in Madison County wreck
- Tennessee woman dies in Madison County crash
- All members appointed to Madison County Cemetery Rehabilitation Authority
- Alabama Democratic Party dispute heads to court