The Madison County Commission now has more money than ever to work with.
On Wednesday, a $59 million budget was approved, the largest in the commission's history.
We learned more details on how that money is being used. Full-time county employees will get a 3 percent cost of living raise. Close to $1 million will go towards helping the sheriff's office operate jails and help deputies.
Also, $2 million will be collected from the gas tax, and another $2 million will be borrowed to fund road projects in the county.
- Madison County Commission approves $59 million budget
- Madison County Commission approves new noise ordinance
- Madison County Commission approves $3 million payment for Toyota-Mazda deal
- Madison County approves $4 million Fiscal Year 2020 transportation plan
- Huntsville Planning Commission approves controversial zoning change
- Alabama lawmakers approve medical marijuana study commission
- $1 million budget approved for West Morgan Road
- Lauderdale County Commission approves new technology for sheriff's deputies
- Morgan County Commission approves state of emergency due to coronavirus
- Madison County Commission takes next step in courthouse renovation plans