The Madison County Board of Education voted Monday to hire Allen Perkins as the school system’s new superintendent.
Perkins, who is from Huntsville, is currently the director of equity and innovation for the Madison County Board of Education.
The search for a new leader for Madison County Schools comes after the last superintendent, Matt Massey, resigned to become president of the new Cyber Technology School in Huntsville. Dr. Mark Minksey was named the interim superintendent in July.
“I am humbled and excited to be selected as the Superintendent of Madison County Schools. It is a privilege I do not take lightly. Madison County is a district with great students, teachers, schools, and communities. I look forward to the challenges ahead and will work tirelessly to serve Madison County Schools," Perkins said.
Tim Hall, a spokesperson for Madison County Schools, provided this statement to WAAY 31:
Tonight, the Madison County Board of Education named Mr. Allen Perkins to be our system’s new superintendent. Mr. Perkins is currently the Director of Equity and Innovation at Madison County Schools. He has been with the Madison County School system since 2002, working as a teacher, an assistant principal, a middle school principal, and as the Supervisor of Instruction until being named to his current position.
Mr. Perkins will fill the remaining term of Matt Massey, who resigned earlier this year to become President of the Alabama School for Engineering and Cyber Technology.
Mr. Perkins projected start date is November 4, 2019.
- Madison County Board of Education votes to hire Allen Perkins as new superintendent
- Madison County School Board searching for new superintendent
- Madison County School Board interviews finalists for superintendent position
- Alabama board set to hire new school superintendent in April
- Madison County Schools superintendent interviews begin
- New Madison County Schools superintendent sworn in
- Tennessee school board votes charged superintendent can work
- Madison City Council interviews for board of education position
- Madison County Sheriff's Office hiring new deputies
- Madison County Schools hiring more bus drivers