We know the names of three people killed at a home in the small town of Ardmore.
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Office said the victims are the killer's ex-wife, her new husband, and their roommate.
Investigators told WAAY 31 they became aware of the murders after this man Darwin Brazier texted an unidentified woman he killed the three and planned on killing himself.
Deputies found the three victims on at a home on the 27000 block of Pinedale Road.
Investigators told WAAY 31 that Brazier killed himself about five miles from Cook Road in Madison County.
"Sunday morning...He was sitting on his porch as we passed by and he threw up his hand as usual and waved," said Meredith Hereford who lives down the road from Brazier.
She told WAAY 31 she saw her neighbor Darwin Brazier Sunday morning---hours before investigators say he killed three people.
The Limestone County Sheriff's Office identified the victims as Brazier's ex-wife Debra Ann Rivera, her new husband Radex Rivera, and their roommate Timothy James Hayward-Boger.
Investigators found the three shot dead on the back porch of a home on Pinedale Road and they believe Brazier fired 30 rounds from what investigators call a "high-powered rifle".
"This is very tragic and senseless and unnecessary," said Limestone County Sheriff's Office Spokesperson Stephen Young.
After killing the three of them, Brazier texted a woman about it. She tipped off authorities. The Madison County Sheriff's used dogs to track Brazier into the woods on Cook road. And the Madison County SWAT Team worked to get him in custody.
"They told me to get back in the house and keep the doors locked and don't come out for nothing," said neighbor Tracey Hereford.
However--Brazier shot and killed himself before the Madison County SWAT Team reached him in the woods.
Neighbors told us they're thinking about all the families affected by the murders.
"My sympathy goes out to them," said Meredith Hereford.
WAAY 31 learned from the Limestone County Sheriff's Office that they haven't had a triple murder happen in their jurisdiction anytime in at least the last 40 years.
- Madison Co. neighbors react after man kills three people
- Neighbor reacts to Madison County man charged with rape, incest
- Neighbors react after man killed in home invasion
- Neighbors of woman killed by dogs react after bill passes
- Neighbor reacts to house fire that killed four dogs
- Neighbors react to fatal shooting in Athens
- Neighbors react after woman shot at business
- Neighbors react after kidnapping, robbery in Decatur
- Athens neighbors react to flooded road
- Neighbors react to man barricading himself in woman's home