One Madison City School was named a school of distinction for serving as an outstanding model school in Alabama.
Bob Jones High School is only school in our area to receive the award. The school is being recognized for its Patriot Path Initiative which is a student created program that gives students an opportunity to sign up for 80 to 100 different activities each week to network, learn leadership skills, and destress.
"We were nominated for this specific program because it is a model program. It's something that others schools could do as well," said school principal Sylvia Lambert.
Now the school is waiting to see if they'll be chosen as one of three schools to be named a CLAS banner school.
- Madison City School receives 2018 CLAS School of Distinction Award
- Madison City Schools face possible rezoning
- Madison City Schools hiring part-time nurses
- Madison City Schools Superintendent holds community meeting
- Madison City Schools plans $113M in school construction, expansion
- School shooting prevention is always evolving in Madison City Schools
- Madison City Schools looks to improve school safety
- New schools, more staff possible for Madison City Schools
- School improvements coming to Madison County Schools
- Parents react as Madison City Schools plans for growth, expansion