The Madison County Sheriff's Office is investigating after deputies said a woman shot a man and left the scene.
The shooting happened at around 6:30 p.m. at a home in the 160 block of Allred Road in Hazel Green.
Now, investigators are looking for the shooting suspect. Investigators are not releasing her name at this time.
"It's just a little too close for comfort," Sherry Taylor said.
Taylor says she's concerned for her safety after a shooting right next door.
"I just don't want anybody coming over here and doing something to us," Taylor said.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office says a woman in her 30's got into a fight with her ex-boyfriend. Deputies say she shot the man at least twice.
"At first, I thought it sounded like a firecracker, but then I thought, 'That sounded like gunfire.' I looked around the side of our house and saw some guy laying on the ground right there next to the porch," Taylor said.
Investigators have not released the name of the victim. He was taken to Huntsville Hospital Trauma Services in serious condition, according to HEMSI spokesperson Don Webster. He is now expected to be okay, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office.
But, Taylor says she just wants all the violence to stop.
"All you can do is pray," Taylor said.
- Madison County sheriff: Ex-girlfriend shoots man in Hazel Green
- Hazel Green High principal resigns
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- Hazel Green house fire reported
- Hazel Green man killed in wreck
- Hazel Green man killed in Monday crash
- Hazel Green man tased, charged after Marshall County chase
- Two suspects arrested in deadly shooting near Hazel Green
- Investigators: Woman wanted in connection to Hazel Green shooting
- Sunday's storm causes damage in Hazel Green