Each child got a $100 Academy gift card to buy shoes, socks, backpacks, and whatever else they needed before going back to school.
Store employees partnered up with small groups of kids and helped walk them around the store while they shopped.
Academy has been doing this for nine years, but this was just the second year for the Memorial Parkway location.
"It's always a good event. We enjoy doing this. We enjoy assisting these kids, and they're well-deserving kids. The Boys and Girls Club has been a great partner for us, so we're excited," store director Patrick Kelley said.
Academy hosts over 100 similar events throughout the year that benefit 3,000 kids across the southeast and midwest.
- Local students go back to school shopping at Academy Sports and Outdoors
- How local schools are keeping students safe
- Shopping online skims money from local communities
- Foster Academy celebrates grand opening
- Veterans visit Westminster Christian Academy
- Auburn to offer outdoor recreation degree
- Students sent back to middle school over missing grades
- BLACK FRIDAY: Shopping safety
- Officers graduate from Huntsville Police Academy