Students at the kindergarten through 8th grade school spent Tuesday morning doing activities related to 9/11.
Students wore red, white, and blue and gathered around the flag pole to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
One student we spoke with told us he knows 9/11 is a dark day in history even though he didn't live through it.
"Just a sad day for what happened back then in 2001. Just the terrible events," eighth grader Parker Pruitt said.
Students in the school's book club are also reading a book about 9/11 written from a fifth grade student's perspective.
- Local students born after 2001 learn about 9/11
- Local students learning English as a second language
- Honor Walk in remembrance of 9/11
- "Born This Way" cast members in Huntsville
- 9/11 group to donate $100K to firefighter's family
- 9/11 fund running out of money for those with illnesses
- 9/11 first responder says Congress 'continues to fail us'
- Puppy born with upside down paws undergoes surgery
- More and more Huntsville babies born addicted to opioids
- BBVA Compass gives local students christmas toys