Students at the kindergarten through 8th grade school spent Tuesday morning doing activities related to 9/11.
Students wore red, white, and blue and gathered around the flag pole to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
One student we spoke with told us he knows 9/11 is a dark day in history even though he didn't live through it.
"Just a sad day for what happened back then in 2001. Just the terrible events," eighth grader Parker Pruitt said.
Students in the school's book club are also reading a book about 9/11 written from a fifth grade student's perspective.
- Local students born after 2001 learn about 9/11
- Local students learning English as a second language
- Honor Walk in remembrance of 9/11
- "Born This Way" cast members in Huntsville
- 9/11 group to donate $100K to firefighter's family
- BBVA Compass gives local students christmas toys
- Local senior students commit to STEM futures
- How local schools are keeping students safe
- Teachers to learn new technology at conference
- First baby from a uterus transplant in the US born in Dallas