The congregation at Grace Baptist Church are extending their prayers next door.
"It's a sad situation, but we want to let them know Grace Baptists Church is here for the people in our community," said Pastor Matt Ellis.
Huntsville Police are still investigating the domestic related death at a home on Pulaski Pike, which is right next to Grace Baptist Church.
The victim is 49-year-old Dale Jones Senior.
Pastor Matt Ellis told WAAY 31 he's a man of God, but still realizes there's evil in the world.
"If we humble ourselves, pray and seek God. That's what America has gotten away from. We're not seeking him anymore," Ellis said.
When he stopped by Grace Baptist Church Saturday night, he saw the yellow tape around the house next door. So he decided to speak with the family of the victim Dale Jones.
"I was able to meet with the family and have prayer with them and to let them know that we're here if they need anything," Ellis said.
Ellis said it's shocking when something like this happens so close to you.
"I'm here throughout the week and I've talked to them a few times," Ellis said.
Ellis has only lived in Alabama for about two months, but he's noticing several domestic related homicides happening in North Alabama this summer.
"There's evil in the world. There's different places where evil comes from. Murder, that's evil," Ellis said.
His sermon this morning was on "Seeking God." He only hopes it helps people become less violent.
"He knows what's going to happen before we do. It's tough sometimes. Sin involved in this world and that's what causes this stuff," Ellis said.
Family members of Dale Jones do not want to talk right now.
Huntsville Police said the roommate of Jones is also being interviewed at this time.
- Local church is praying for death investigation next door
- Police investigating child's death
- Death Investigation in Triana
- Alabama teacher sent home for wearing 'Just Pray' Shirt
- Bookbags & Bibles: Limestone Co. community prays over school
- State investigating fire at Gurley church
- Death investigation underway in Decatur
- Investigation into Tennessee woman's death
- Local church hosting organ donor seminar
- Maryland school takes away bathroom doors