An inflatable rental business in Limestone County is explaining how they keep from hiring the wrong people after a sex offender was caught operating a bounce house for a competing business. WAAY 31 spoke with those in the inflatable industry and learned how they make sure your kids are always in safe hands.
"After the news broke today, we started getting quite a few calls," said Heather Pack. "People are worried, scared to use the previous company.” Pack works for Fun in the Sun Inflatables and says she was shocked to hear one of her competitors hired a sex offender, giving him easy access to children at play. “I'm not really sure how they got away with it, honestly. It’s sad that they tried to get away with it.”
According to officials with the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office, the people who own Young Tractors are the ones who run the entertainment group that allowed registered sex offender James Bingham to work around children. WAAY 31 learned from the Limestone County Probate Office that the owners listed for Young Tractors are James Donny Young and Russell Young. Pack says news like this is why her business is careful about who they let work for them. "These people trust you in their yards, in their houses," she said.
Pack told WAAY 31 the only people allowed to operate their inflatables are trusted family members, and she says they treat your children like their own. "If we ever had to hire somebody, there would be extensive background checks, all kinds of checks," Pack said.
Investigators tell WAAY 31 Bingham was registered to work at Young Tractors, but not registered to work for the entertainment group that operates the inflatables. Pack says parents will never have to worry about anything like that happening with her business. "Our number one priority is the children and their safety and them having fun and the parents feeling at ease," she said.
WAAY 31 went by Young Tractors to see if the owners would comment on Bingham’s arrest, but according to a worker there, Mr. Young did not want to make a statement.
- Local business let sex offender around children, officials say
- Sex offender back in jail
- Albertville police arrest sex offender
- Officials arrest convicted Illinois sex offender near Henagar
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Registered sex offender charged with beating girlfriend
- Convicted sex offender admits having sex with Alabama girl
- Marshall County sheriff: Convicted sex offender arrested for living in home with children
- Colbert officials develop a new plan better notify citizens about sex offenders
- Decatur police arrest sex offender for failing to register with local law enforcement