Photo Gallery 1 Images
The town of Littleville is increasing their water and sewer rates by $20 a month.
The town sent out letters to residents saying their water bills will go up by about $2.75 a month, but their sewer rates would also increase by $17 dollars a month. For those on a fixed income they said the increase is to much at once.
"I think it's to much for people on a fixed income," said Jerry Robison, who lives in Littleville. "A lot of people around here is unhappy with it."
The town of Littleville sent out these letters to residents about the increase saying they needed the additional funds to fix their aging water and sewer systems to meet requirements by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management.
The rate increase will go into effect in August.
We did reach out to the mayor of Littleville to find out how much the infrastructure cost could be to fix their aging water and sewer systems but we have not heard back from him.
- Littleville water and sewer rates to increase in August
- Littleville Volunteer Fire Department chief resigns
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Rumor Extinguished: Littleville Volunteer Fire Department to remain operational
- Rate increase coming for water customers in Morgan and Lawrence County
- School bus warning signs installed on US 43 after Littleville crash
- Sewer work to cause traffic troubles
- Heavy rains cause Lawrence County sewer overflow
- Gun control advocacy group: Alabama's gunfire death rate increases
- Florence City Council to vote on 3% electric rate increase