WAAY 31 is still waiting to learn if a tornado actually hit Marshall County on Saturday.
But people who live there say it does not matter if it was a tornado or not. Residents are still trying to clean up after the latest round of severe storms.
Wind gusts from 60-70 miles an hour hit the Little Mountain Marina. One of its doors was completely torn off by the storm.
Quentin Webster witnessed the severe weather first hand. "As soon as I pulled up over here with my supervisor, something just didn't look right. I pulled up and about the time I did there was a swirling motion."
Another family who lives in a camper on the property saw what they think is a tornado. They say it was an experience too close for comfort. "We saw the trees bending over and then we saw a water spout coming straight at us it was coming directly at us and he was praying and I screamed "Oh Jesus!" and at about that time it went straight back into the clouds. It was only about 4 feet away from us," said Doris Stockman.
Stockman told WAAY 31 it then went over to the house where it hit the roof and bent this flag pole to the ground.
The National Weather Service surveyed the damage Sunday, but no word yet on when the results will be released. Quentin tells WAAY 31 he wouldn't be surprised if their findings show a tornado came through their property.
"It definitely looked like the markings of a tornado, with the swirling around as it was. The pine trees over there you can see how they're twisted around at the top. I don't know anything else that does that but a tornado."
Residents also told WAAY 31 they don't think the damage will affect their busy season. We will continue to monitor the NWS results to let you know if it was a tornado.
- Little Mountain Marina Damaged by Storms
- Storms in Marshall Co. cause damage at Little Mountain Marina
- Strong winds damaged 15 boats at Riverwalk Marina in Decatur
- Hurricane force wind mangles marina and damages boats in Decatur
- Marshall County marina damage was caused by high winds
- A year later, weather still impacting Decatur marina damaged by storm
- Brindlee Mountain Primary School severely damaged after storm
- Forklift falls into Killen marina
- Demolition underway at Riverwalk Marina in Decatur
- Marina renovation project could have major impact