An intense band of heavy rain moved through North Alabama in the early morning hours Tuesday. The heavy rain along with the thunderstorm threat has exited North Alabama but run-off will continue to bring rises to creeks, streams and rivers. Minor flooding to some roadways will also be possible not just Tuesday but all the way through this weekend.
Only lingering showers with a few thunderstorms are expected through tonight. Any extra rain on top of already saturated soils could bring additional localized flooding.
The next long break from wet weather will be Thursday through most of Friday. The final system will arrive by Saturday with some thunderstorms possible through Saturday evening. Saturday's storm system could bring another 0.50" to 1.00" of rain.
Winter returns to North Alabama Sunday and into next week. By Monday we could see afternoon highs remain in the 30s even with mostly sunny skies.
- Flash Flood Watch through Wednesday morning
- Localized flash flooding possible Wednesday
- Flash flooding concerns continue
- Heavy rain prompts flash flood watch for Thursday & Friday
- Flash Flood Watch issued as heavy rain continues
- Flash Flood Watch in effect for North Alabama
- Heavy rain falls through Friday morning, could cause flash flooding
- Flash flood concerns with torrential rain today
- Flash Flood Warnings continue across the Valley
- Decatur flash flood leaves apartment parking lot flooded