The Tennessee Bureau of investigations confirmed that the Lincoln County inmate, William Hawk died in the hospital. Hawk was accused of assaulting a corrections officer and trying to escape jail. While the officer was trying to control Hawk, he became unresponsive.
Hawk is the same guy who was wanted for attempted criminal homicide in July. He was found later that month.
WAAY 31 spoke with Hawk's family. Their attorney told them they can't talk to the media at this time.
- Lincoln County inmate dead after being hospitalized
- Lincoln County inmate hospitalized after attempting escape
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- Huntsville Hospital affiliates with Lincoln Health Systems
- Lincoln County school bus involved in crash
- Lincoln County Jail facing understaffing issue
- Escaped Morgan County inmate found dead in Florida
- Community reacts after inmate found dead in Morgan County Jail
- Escaped Limestone County inmate captured
- Fire crews respond to church fire in Lincoln County