Laura Pylant was indicted by the Limestone County grand jury on charges of first degree insurance fraud and second degree arson. The indictment alleges that Pylant set fire to her Athens home back in April and then filed a fraudulent claim with Geico Insurance for more than $1,000.
She was indicted on Sept. 7 and arrested on Sept. 20. She was then released from the Limestone County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
- Limestone County woman indicted for insurance fraud, arson
- Man indicted for 2017 murder, arson
- Limestone County man arrested for attempted murder, arson
- Colbert County insurance agent pleads guilty to fraud
- Limestone County man indicted for taking money from the elderly
- Huntsville man indicted for odometer tampering and bank fraud
- Pedestrian killed in Limestone County
- Roads reopen in Limestone County
- Bands shine in Limestone County
- Escaped Limestone County inmate captured