Laura Pylant was indicted by the Limestone County grand jury on charges of first degree insurance fraud and second degree arson. The indictment alleges that Pylant set fire to her Athens home back in April and then filed a fraudulent claim with Geico Insurance for more than $1,000.
She was indicted on Sept. 7 and arrested on Sept. 20. She was then released from the Limestone County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
- Limestone County woman indicted for insurance fraud, arson
- Limestone County Democrats respond to sheriff's indictment
- Man indicted for 2017 murder, arson
- Colbert County insurance agent pleads guilty to fraud
- Limestone County man arrested for attempted murder, arson
- Limestone County man indicted for taking money from the elderly
- Sheriff's office, legal team talk after Limestone County sheriff indicted
- Limestone County Commission says sheriff's indictment won't impact public safety
- READ: Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely indictment documents
- Limestone County sheriff wants 13-count indictment thrown away